Looking for a great speaker who can energize a crowd?
Packed and ready to go at a moment's notice! (Kidding. Everything you see here is hair products.) Look no further. Stand Dena next to a tree long enough and she’ll strike up a conversation. Always high-energy and entertaining, Dena presents nationally at writer’s conferences, corporate workshops, universities and for private groups. Custom workshops and keynotes available upon request. Contact her for pricing.
Dena co-instructs the popular creative writing workshop, The Write Motivation.
Awards, Accolades & Appearances
- Guest lecturer at Wake Forest University course on writing for PR & advertising, 2014-2015.
- The Paleo Vegetarian Diet, released May 2015.
- Advanced Breakout - Establishing Yourself As A Speaker. Pet Sitters International, Sept 2013.
- Building An Author Platform. Winston Salem Writers Group, Jan 2013.
- Finding Your Voice. Guest speaker for LinkedIn Winston-Salem, Jan 2013.
- One of 15 speakers selected for Ignite Charlotte 5, Sept 2012.
- Featured Speaker, BarkWorld 2nd Annual Social Media Conference, Atlanta, Nov, 2011.
- Who Moved My Mouse? second printing with Ten Speed Press, 2011.
- Foreign rights for Who Moved My Mouse? A Self-Help Book for Cats (Ten Speed Press/Random House, 2010) sold to the UK, Brazil, Germany, The Netherlands, Taiwan, Russia and mainland China.
- An installment of Who Moved My Mouse? featured in the national UK newspaper The Daily Express.
- Interviewed for Promote Your Book, Over 250 Proven, Low-cost Tips and Techniques for the Enterprising Author.
- Featured speaker at the 2010 Cat Writer's of America conference.
- Interviewed on Pet Life Radio's PARANORMAL PETS on Ghost Cat In My House.
- Selected as 1 of 25 artists awarded a Wildacres Retreat Residency in 2006.
- Author Profile in Cats & Kittens magazine.
- Faculty Speaker at NSA (National Speakers Association) University, Tucson, AZ, Jan. 5th - 8th, 2006.
- "Can You See Me" was selected by the publishers of Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul for national release as a "promo" piece for the book.
- "Yoga Cat" and "Morning Revelry" both selected as Certificate of Excellence Winners in the 2005 Cat Writers Association Communications Contest - Humor Division.
- Featured speaker at the SCBWI North Carolina Fall Conference, Sept. 23-25, 2005.
- Presented "How To Establish Yourself As A Public Speaker" at the NC Toastmasters Leadership Institute.