Notes From A Cat: How to Keep Your Owner Happy
Copyright 2005, Dena Harris
- Resist the urge to show them your backside every time they enter a room
- Remind yourself the suitcase is not for peeing in
- Hop in their laps while they're watching TV and start purring. Humans need to be reminded real life is more interesting than sit-coms
- Do not jump from behind closed doors to attack the dog (or at least limit yourself to no more than twice a day)
- Twine yourself between your owner's legs no matter what they're doing. Bonus points apply if they're carrying something heavy
- Allow them to think it's their idea that all the comfy chairs in the house are reserved for you
- Rub your head on all available surfaces to mark what's yours. Owners will appreciate this clear delineation of who owns what.
- Every once in a while, allow them to pet your belly. It feeds their soul.
- Sleep with them at night. They feel safer knowing you're nearby.
- Insist on being groomed at least twice daily. It's good for your owners blood pressure and overall health.