It's important to recognize the daily small good things in life. To that end, here's my off-the-top-of-my-head list of nice things that occurred in my life yesterday:
- My tabby cat Olivia woke me up with a vibrating paw massage on my back.
- I met my friend Melody at my satellite office (aka "Panera") to hand off some paperwork. Melody was in a rush but when I asked if she had time to sit, she said, "I will for a minute, just to have that time in your presence." It might sound cheesy or off-the-cuff from someone else but Melody is sincere when she makes comments like that and it's flattering.
- I took a pair of jeans into an alterations shop to be hemmed (just under 5'5" does that to you). I happened to be wearing a new wrap top that gapped every time I moved my arms. The seamstress added a snap to the front of the blouse on the spot while I waited--and didn't charge me.
- I was a guest last night at a women's think tank group where I met a small circle of interesting, dynamic women.
- Someone asked me if I'd lost weight. (No, but God bless you for asking).
Here's hoping nice things happen to you all day today.