I came in today from a 20-mile run and made a beeline for the shower. As always, Blair had a fresh towel waiting for me on the bathroom counter top. He's always doing small things like that to brighten my day.
What follows is just a short list of the benefits of being married to Blair. To the men reading this blog I say--rise to the challenge. What can you do to show your partner you love her?
To my women readers, I say this: Jealous much? ;)
25 Things I Love About My Husband
- He leaves a fresh towel out for me after a long run
- He makes the bed every morning
- He wakes me up in the morning so I don't have to deal with the screech and clanging of an alarm clock
- He always thanks me for cooking, even when the results are less-than-palatable
- He lets me control the volume on the TV
- He likes my curly hair
- He doesn't complain (much) when I stay up late reading in bed with the light on
- I get the majority of the closet space
- And the bathroom space
- He is the official spider/cricket/bug killer
- Except he has such a good heart that he usually carries the bug outside and releases it
- He rollers the bed (cat hair central) at night before we turn in
- He's always singing
- He has a nice voice
- He doesn't cringe when I sing even though I do NOT have a nice voice
- He gives me his cash because I never seem to remember to go to the bank and get my own
- He calls me and the cats "his girls"
- He supports me in my writing
- He is determined--against all existing evidence--that I will someday love the movie "Conan" as much as he does
- After 19 years together, he can still surprise me
- He buys a special bag of treats to feed to the neighbor's cat who visits him every morning as he sits out on the back porch with his coffee
- The man does a mean housecleaning job
- He combs his fingers through my hair when I have trouble falling asleep
- He hides chocolate for me around the house
- He makes me laugh like no one else
Don't be shy. We want to know. What sort of small, endearing things does your guy/girl do for you?