I may not be busy, but my schedule remains robust. Because of this, there are days (most days) when I feel more controlled then enabled by the lists I keep of tasks and errands that need attended to. Sure, some of them can maybe be skipped—the kitchen table doesn’t have to have a new centerpiece except if you saw it you would agree that yes, it does—but most are things that, sooner or later, need to get done.
A small example from the list I’m currently hauling around:
- Call my bank because I entered the wrong password one too many times and am now locked out of my account
- Take my car in to be cleaned
- Replace the hand towel holder by my bathroom sink which requires paint and spackle
- Trim the bushes around the patio
- Go through the towering in-box by my desk
- Plan visits...