There is a corner of my desk that holds all my, "I'll deal with that later," paperwork, news items, and projects. The paper tower is threatening to tumble and potentially smother one of the cats, so I'm devoting a couple hours this morning to clearing it out. Ever wonder what's in a writer's "deal with later" pile? Here's a glimpse:
- Published articles that need to be entered on my website and in my tracking database
- Scribbles of ideas for new cat stories. Need to enter them in a Word document before Blair throws away the napkin they're scribbled on, thinking it's trash.
- Articles on how to be a better writer. I'm at a loss on what to do with these. They've got great information but if I file them away I'll never remember to refer to them. But sitting out isn't working either. Perhaps best to read and pray for a 10% retention rate.
- Publicity postcards for "Cup of Comfort for Cat Lovers." I have 2 stories in the book which is released in July. Need to decide if I'm going to try to wring any promo from it.
- Confirmation sheet for 20th high school reunion. Still debating...
The list goes on, but you get the idea. The goal is to be able to see desk by noon today. Cheers!