So this is it. The last day of my 30's. I'm managing my grief. I really don't mind turning 40 although I am NOT happy about being categorized as a "master" (age 40-55) runner. There's still bounce in my step. See? See???
In honor of the changing of the decade, I thought perhaps a quick ode to the 30's and a preview of what I'm looking forward to about being in my 40's.
What I'll Miss About Being In My 30's:
- A fast metabolism
- Feeling there's still plenty of time to figure out what I want to do with my life
- The possibility that (if I weren't married) I could still date someone in their late 20's and it wouldn't be completely icky
- Being able to giggle and still sound girlish instead of mentally imbalanced
- Being able to tell people that I'm in my 30's
What I'm Looking Forward To In My 40's:
- Losing the desire to please others
- Increased self-confidence
- Best health of my life
- Living more in the moment versus trying to plan for every contingency
- Continuing to consciously surround myself with people that motivate and inspire me
- Winning the battle of the grays. (Be warned gray hairs on top of my head: I have cash flow, access to a salon, and an abundance of hair dye that I'm not afraid to use)
Tomorrow has the potential to be brutal. I received a package in the mail today from my dad from a store called "Over The Hill" and my sister called to say she can't wait to call me tomorrow and rub it in. (I miss the days when being the older sibling conferred all the advantages on me.)
Anyway, 30's were grand, 40's will be even better. Forty and fabulous? You betcha!