It's Labor Day weekend, which means not only will I eat my weight in veggie burgers and Ezkiel sprouted grain buns, but it signifies the end of Fun Fridays. Tomorrow Blair returns to his normal 5 day work week and Fun Fridays will be but a memory.
But what good memories! This summer we:
- Rode monster roller coasters and managed not to throw up on each other or others waiting in line at Carowinds
- Visited the town of West Jefferson where we locked our keys in our car and visited the cheese factory while we waited for AAA to arrive
- Did a walking tour of downtown Greensboro
- Spent a week at Hilton Head Island
- Traveled to Boone where Blair ran the Grandfather Mountain Marathon
- Had our niece Katlin here for a visit and cooked a whole fish (It was epic.)
- Took our nephew Logan and my mom ziplining.
- Paid a quick visit to Mount Airy then welcomed our long-lost NC friends Anne and John and their wonderful kids for a visit
- Spent a weekend at Wrightsville Beach
- Caught up with Blair's good friend Bill whom I hadn't seen since he was a groomsman in our wedding
And what did we do on this, the LAST fun Friday of the season? What could possibly top a summer of such fun?
Why -- beer and nachos on the outdoor patio at Village Tavern. Can't ever get enough.
It's been a fun summer. Thanks for tagging along with us through the blog. We now return you to your regularly scheduled life.