I stole these questions from my friend Tamara's blog. The list is long, but it's the holidays so I figure most of you are looking for an excuse to goof off at work, yes? Enjoy.
1. Started your own blog. The fascinating story of a girl and her cats… yup.
2. Slept under the stars. Does in a tent count?
3. Played in a band. Clarinet in high school. Rock on!
4. Visited Hawaii. Yes. Kauai is our favorite.
5. Watched a meteor shower. No.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. No, not more than I can afford.
7. Been to Disneyland. Yes. Once was enough.
8. Climbed a mountain. No, but would love to.
9. Held a praying mantis. No.
10. Sang a solo. No, and you’re welcome.
11. Bungee jumped. Only in my dreams.
12. Visited Paris. Yes.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. No.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. I friend taught me to knit?
15. Adopted a child. No
16. Had food poisoning. Mild case, and that was enough.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. No, but I did buzz it in my Uncle’s plane years ago when that sort of thing wouldn’t get you shot down.
18. Grown your own vegetables. I can’t grow a weed, so no.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. Yes. Smaller than you would think.
20. Slept on an overnight train. I’ve slept on a train but not over night
21. Had a pillow fight. Well, yeah…
22. Hitch hiked. Never.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Duh...
24. Built a snow fort. Snow man…no snow fort
25. Held a lamb. No
26. Gone skinny dipping. Sadly, no
27. Run a Marathon. YES!!! Three and counting.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. Nope
29. Seen a total eclipse. No.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. All the time.
31. Hit a home run. I consider it an accomplishment if I just hit the ball
32. Been on a cruise. To Alaska. Loved it.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. No, just on Superman II
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Not sure where that is
35. Seen an Amish community. No—and I’m from Ohio!
36. Taught yourself a new language. Que?
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Yes.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. No....but I’ll get there
39. Gone rock (wall) climbing. No.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. No
41. Sung karaoke. Yes, and I’m sorry.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. No.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. No.
44. Visited Africa. No, but it's on the short list
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Every chance I get
46. Been transported in an ambulance. Thankfully no
47. Had your portrait painted drawn. I’ve had a caricature done
48. Gone deep sea fishing. No but it sounds like fun except for the killing the fish part
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. Yes. There aren’t words.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Yes. We got there early and had the climb almost to ourselves.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Snorkeling and snuba.
52. Kissed in the rain. Yes.
53. Played in the mud. Yep, I love getting dirty!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. Yes—all the time when I was little plus there’s one nearby in Eden.
55. Been in a movie. Just that one porno. (Kidding...)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. On the list….
57. Started a business. Freelance writing.
58. Taken a martial arts class. No.
59. Visited Russia. No, but huge Romanov history fan. Dying to go.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. No.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. Every year in grade school
62. Gone whale watching. Yes, in Alaska. Awesome!
63. Got flowers for no reason. Yes and thank you honey.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. Donate blood all the time. A negative, if you're wondering.
65. Gone sky diving. Had my fortune read once and told I would seriously injure my head in a sky diving incident so I've been too chicken to try.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. Absolutely on the list.
67. Bounced a check. Yes—and had a warrant issued for my arrest for it.
68. Flown in a helicopter. Yes, in Hawaii.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. Several times
71. Eaten Caviar. No and no thanks.
72. Pieced a quilt. Nope.
73. Stood in Times Square. Yes!
74. Toured the Everglades. No.
75. Been fired from a job. From a sub shop when I was a teenager. Unwarranted, in my opinon.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London. Can’t remember if we saw that. I don’t think so.
77. Broken a bone. Left arm. Age 12.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. On a motorcycle but not really speeding.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Yes. Freaking awesome.
80. Published a book. Two so far...
81. Visited the Vatican. Yes.
82. Bought a brand new car. Yes – piece of junk too.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. No
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Yes, a couple of times
85. Read the entire Bible. Not even close.
86. Visited the White House. Not the inside
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. No, said the vegetarian.
88. Had chickenpox. Yes, and thank you Nicole. (sister)
89. Saved someone’s life. No.
90. Sat on a jury. I was the alternate.
91. Met someone famous. Yes.
92. Joined a book club. Oddly, no.
93. Lost a loved one. Yes but not too many thankfully
94. Had a baby. No and never gonna happen.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. No
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. No
97. Been involved in a law suit. I took a magazine publisher to small claims court for non-payment.
98. Owned a cell phone. Yes but I rarely talk on the phone
99. Been stung by a bee. No! Terrified of this, actually.
100. Read an entire book in one day. Too many times to count, I love to read!