Guess what came in the mail last week? An announcement that my 20th (Dear God) High School Reunion will take place August 2nd in dear old Vandalia (claim to fame: 1st crossroads in America), Ohio.
Do I go? Not go? I haven't a clue. Upon receiving the invitation, I raced to my computer to e-mail the 3 people from HS I actually keep in touch with, only to find 3 messages waiting for me reading, "R U going???"
In times of stress, I fall back on list-making. So allow me a moment to clear my head.
Reasons to Attend:
* There are 3-4 people I wouldn't mind catching up with.
- I'm thinner and in better shape right now then I ever have been. (Probably the BEST reason to attend. Work it.)
- High school still seems just like yesterday to me. It might be fun to visit that world and see what has changed.
Reasons Not to Attend:
- What if nothing has changed?
- Not sure I'm up for the self-inflicted frenzy of perfect hair/dress/nails/perfume/life chaos that will ensue.
- Time and money. It's an 8 hour drive, $50 for a bad chicken dinner I can't even eat, and Blair will probably be bored out of his mind.
The due date to RSVP is July 15th. I suspect I'll be up late the night of the 14th, debating yes/no. Any thoughts on this? I remember being young and my mom talking about attending her 20th reunion and how old I thought she must be, to be out of high school twenty years.
That karma will come back to bite you. =)